1.3 release checklist
- Implement landscape mode for iPhone port
- Add higher precision timers for profiling
- Implement YUV texture support
- in progress, software support is done, Ryan is working on OpenGL shaders
- Implement desktop video mode change notification?
- Add OpenGL 3.0 context support
- Finish multiple display support
- Open windows on display that is selected when creating a window
- Create testing plan - becoming more and more important...
- unit tests for each feature and combination with expected output and actual output comparison.
- Public license for SDL_compat.c, tests, and SDL_main*
- Verify mouse grab support
- Properly handle mouse grab with Vista DPI scaling
- Make sure the mouse is where it's supposed to be when un-grabbed
- Plan how to handle events on foreign windows
- Add keyboard enumeration / name query API
- Implement NET_WM_PING and NET_WM_PID/WM_CLIENT_MACHINE (?)
Add a timeout parameter for SDL_WaitEvent() (?)
- Implement key repeat at the driver level
Add name -> keysym and name -> scancode lookup functions
- Fix building haptic system on win32
- Add always on top window styles
- Add video modes that have an alpha channel?
Implement SDL_RenderReadPixels() for screenshots and automated testing
- Create extended set of (negative) error codes and have the API functions document and return them.
- Add clipboard support (from scrap demo)
- Add support for desktop windows?
Wish list for the 1.3 development branch
- Add a way to register custom events
DirectInput joystick support needs to be implemented
- Explicit vertical retrace wait (maybe separate from SDL_Flip?)
- Shaped windows, windows without borders
- Multiple display support
- Add a timestamp to events
- Add audio input API
- Add modifier state to key and button events
In the jump from 1.2 to 1.3, we should change the SDL_Rect members to int and evaluate all the rest of the datatypes. This is the only place we should do it though, since the 1.2 series should not break binary compatibility in this way.
- PCM volume control (deprecated, but possible)